.

The Blatant Disrespect of the President is Starting to Piss Me Off

I didn't like George Bush. I may have felt a little pity for him sometimes, but I didn't like him. That being said, I still showed the necessary respect for his office when he was the President of the United States. I don't recall ever hearing about mass protests and school districts refusing to allow him to speak to school children, and we wouldn't have heard it.

With that being said, the blatant disrespect shown to President Obama by Republicans is really starting to piss me off. First I read this crap yesterday:

"What you're seeing is folks on my side anxious to see what the president has to say tomorrow night," Chambliss said. "I think he's gonna have to express some humility based on what we've seen around the country this August and that's not his inclination."


I don't recall any Republicans (or even Democrats) saying that BUSH needed to show humility, and that guy had an ego BIGGER than the whole damn state of Texas even when he was wrong as hell. We simply disagreed and tried to press our logical points (of course, there's always the fringe, I'm talking about elected officials).

And today I read THIS bullshit:

The Arlington Independent School District in Texas decided not to show President Obama’s address to students live yesterday because it reportedly didn’t want to interrupt its regularly scheduled lesson plans. However, the district has now decided to bus its students off-campus on Sept. 21 to hear President Bush speak:

District officials said it’s part of a Cowboys Stadium field trip that the North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee invited 28 fifth-grade classes to attend several months ago.

In addition to hearing from Bush and former first lady Laura Bush, the students will hear from legendary Dallas Cowboys players and North Texas business and community leaders. The event launches the Super Bowl committee’s largest-ever youth education program.


What. The. FUCK!?!?!?! So they couldn't SIT in the school and listen to President Obama talk about education, but they can be BUSED to a fucking stadium to listen to Bush? The same Bush who has never shown any particular like for education, learning, science, or anything that will make someone smarter? To be fair, it's not former President Bush's fault, I'm sure HE didn't tell the school district to not show Obama's speech. Hell, I'm sure if his daughters were still in school, he'd have let them watch the speech.

But seriously?

Barack Obama WON the election fair and square.

Let me say that again, BARACK OBAMA WON THE ELECTION FAIR AND SQUARE.

EVEN if you didn't vote for him, even if your state went MORE "red" than it was before, even if you dislike or even HATE his policies, HE'S THE FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!

I don't know what it's about, although I'm very much inclined to say the fact that he's African American AND a Democrat doesn't help, and I really don't care. He's the President! If you don't like the fact that he's the President soooooooo much that you can't show him the basic respect that the office demands, you are more than welcome to leave the country.

The irony is, the President who actually respects these assholes is the one getting treated like shit constantly. EVERY DAY the Republicans and their cohorts do something to show disrespect, whether it's refusing to allow school children to hear a fucking pep talk about school or talking shit about his policies overseas, and I'm sick of it. If Democrats treated a REPUBLICAN President the way the Republicans treat Obama, they'd have a conniption.

To clarify, I'm largely talking about people in positions of power, not teabaggers (although the teabaggers are BACKED by people in positions of power), even though the every day citizens are pushing the envelope too. And yes, I realize our side has its fringe too, the difference is, the fringe isn't the mainstream.

Cross Posted @ DailyKos
.
blog comments powered by Disqus